Breast Size and Upper Back Pain…What’s the Solution? 0
Large breasts can place excess weight on the chest. Without enough support from the surrounding muscles and the rest of the body, the weight of the breasts can cause severe pain, making it difficult to maintain good posture and in some cases leading to spinal deformity. Many large breasted women are self conscious about their breasts, which makes them hunch forward to hide their chest, which increases the pain intensity.
Women with large breasts not only suffer from severe pain in their necks and backs, but also from bra straps that dig into their skin, making them unable to engage in many day to day activities.
Many researches indicate that large breasts can cause a chain-reaction of painful indicators, as the human body tries to balance an abnormal position by shifting the curvature of the spinal cord.
How Can You Ease the Pain
If you are suffering from back or neck pain caused by outsized breasts, there are many options available, from changing your lifestyle to medical treatment and physical therapy. Here is some thing that might be useful:
Choosing the Right Supportive Bra
- Push up bras are more supportive as compared to normal bras, due to additional padding in the cups. This characteristic makes push up bras very useful for women who have bigger breasts and can use some added support. It is a very common misconception among women that push up bras are only for small breasts. The reality is that push up bras can showcase a big chest in the best possible way, and because of added support they can help women who suffer from back and neck pain.
- If you have issues with back pain and want comfort plus good support, a good back support bra would be perfect option for you. It helps you to maintain a good posture and minimizes back pain in most of the cases. A back support bra can even help with troubles in your spinal discs.
- Sports bras are very effective when it comes to relieving back, neck and shoulder pain during running and other workouts. No matter what size you are, it is essential to wear a proper sports bra during exercise because it distributes the breasts weight among back, neck and shoulders. To find the perfect size it is necessary to make sure that the bra doesn't cause breathing issues and not hurt the underarm area.
- If your breast size is very large, invest in a custom made bra which is specially designed for your body. Custom bras are pretty helpful when it comes to women with narrow backs.
Outsmarting Back Pain Through Physical Therapy
Physical therapy and workout with a professional trainer can improve your posture and encourage weight loss, which eventually helps with back and neck pain.
- Your spine is mostly supported by neck, back, shoulder and chest muscles and by strengthening them you can minimize neck and upper back pain issues. Most physical therapists recommend Isometric exercises, these are exercises where you push against some resistance without flexing or extending your muscles.
- Aerobic workouts are also an essential part of any plan to prevent back pain. These are series of exercises that help enhance blood flow in your body especially your spinal disks.
- Other useful back exercises include shoulder roll, butterfly, Arm slides and thoracic extension.
Medical Treatment and Surgery
- Taking a painkiller for occasional back pain is fine but avoid strong medication for longer periods of time.
- Breast reduction surgery is the only permanent way to get rid of severe upper back pain and it is often recommended to women with large breasts size. A research published by American society of plastic surgeons found that more than 90 percent of women subjects were satisfied with their breast reduction surgery.
If you are suffering from back and neck pain because of large breasts, consult with your doctor and devise a plan that will be effective for you.
How to Work On Armpit Fat or Underarm Bulge 0
Nowadays a lot of women seem concern about having the armpit spillage. Anatomically, armpit fat is an extension of the breasts that gets into the axila, known as Tail of Spence or Axillary Tail. It was named after Scottish surgeon James Spence. It is a portion of breast tissue which comes in at puberty and usually turns to fat in one’s 20’s.
Women seem to worry about these under arm bubbles next to the armpit because it brings flaw to ones perfectly shaped body and keep them from wearing certain styles. But don’t worry ladies! There are ways by which you can get rid of this problem. Surgery is the easiest way but it is costly. Whereas the best way to get rid of excess body fat, is burning it off by some cardiovascular workout and controlled diet. This fitness and diet technique cannot target the fat in armpit region particularly. It works as to lean tissue wherever fat is stored. Firstly, remove fat from your arm and then work to shape up your triceps and muscles on pectoral and back area to harmonize your upper body. Concerning a doctor before opting to such fat burning programs is recommended if you have any kind of medical injury or concerns.
Caloric intake must be restricted. Junk food along with processed food must be eliminated from the diet and a use of whole foods should be opted. To loose 1 pound weight per week, you need to eliminate approximately 500 calories from your everyday diet.
Processed drinks such as colas, coffee beverages, beers, sodas and all carbonated drinks must be avoided as they provide lots of calories and not much nutrition. Plain water must be used to keep body hydrated.
Build a workout routine. Exercise vigorously for an hour a day. Set a target to cut off 500 calories each day. The ideal exercises can be hill climbing, swimming, speed walking, jogging, running, high impact dance.etc. Following this will help you reduce approximately one pound in a week. Whereas, along with the controlled diet which shortens your intake by 500 calories each day, the loss of fat could be around 2 pounds each week.
Gradually add such exercises that build muscles, such as Monkey push, One leg rear delt raise, open arm and leg lift, triceps down dog, twisting knee plank, abdominal crunches, Kneeling Glute Toner, chair twist, quadriceps stretch.etc. Increasing muscles will help in such a way that your metabolism will increase even though you are at rest.
By getting your arms, back and chest toned, a significant change can be seen. Exercises to tone your upper parts of body are push-ups and pull-ups.
By following these steps you can get rid of armpits fat. Other than looking unattractive, some cases have been reported for the development of breast cancer due to these axillary tails. Therefore this is not something to be admired from the medical point of view as well.
- Tags: Bra and Body
What Cause Armpit Fat or Underarm Bulge 14If you have that sightly bumps (armpit fat) under your arms, this is an article that explains why you have them and how you can minimize or eventually get rid of them through a holistic and affordable approach: push in bras.
Interesting Breast Facts That You Would Want To Know 0
Breasts – women got them, talk about them and think about them. Men and women look at them, and are obsessed with them very much. To be able to understand this obsession about breasts, here are some interesting facts about boobs. In fact, there are so many, but here are ten of them.
- Women in America are buying bigger bras. The average breast size is now up to 36DD or DDD, a big increase from the average 34B 10 years ago. One reason given for this is the estrogen, a hormone that causes growth of the breasts. Today’s women are more exposed to estrogen than the women of the past years.
- The majority of women (85 out of 100) are not wearing the correct size bra. How about you? Do you feel that your bras are the right size for you? Remember that each woman has her own body shape and size, and the bra sizing standards may not conform to the exact measurement of everyone. Add to this the bodily changes that a woman goes through the years.
- Seventy percent of women are not happy with the size and shape of their breasts. Because of this, they do not stop looking for ways to increase or decrease their size. Fortunately, some options exist that can help them achieve the size and shape that they desire. There are the exercises, pills, surgeries, padded bras, push up bras and minimizer bras, according to their needs.
Boob play or breast action can turn a woman on. Some can even have orgasm even if you don’t touch them down there; what is needed is just to stimulate the breasts.
Your breasts can hurt while you exercise, and it is just normal. However, if your breasts can show their emotions, you’ll probably see that they are not really thrilled seeing you putting on your running shoes. Breast pain is the problem of one out of three women runners.
- Breasts move a lot. Whether you walk slowly or briskly, your breasts move. Running, jogging, cardio workouts, and aerobics can make your girls bounce around. To minimize the bounce and reduce breast pain, it is important that your sports bras are elastic enough. Regular exercises can give you perky breasts, so continue exercising even if you feel pain.
- The largest breast that made it to the Guinness Book of World Record in 1999 is of an American woman. Her chest measurement was 70 inches or 5.83 feet, and each boob weighs 56 pounds. So don’t get annoyed with your boobs if you think they are too big, if you don’t want to be laughed at by the woman who has the world’s largest breast.
- The majority of women have breasts that are uneven. Don’t freak out if your girls are not identical in size, and they can have a difference of up to 20%. Usually the left breast is bigger than the right, but, it’s no big deal.
- The most popular plastic surgery is breast augmentation, or breast implants. This is to prove once again, that most women are not happy with the kind of breast that they have. Just don’t forget that while implants can make your breasts voluminous, there is a ton of side effects that come with it; and they are all scary. So, think about it ten times or more before you go under the knife.
The bra, since its inception, has come a long way. It was 1914 when Mary Phelps Jacob was given a patent for making the modern bra, using two hankies and a ribbon to create what we call the “backless bra”. In 1920, Ida and William Rosenthal worked with a friend to produce a bra with standard sizing. From then on, the padded bras were introduced, followed by the push up bras, front hook bras and the fashion bustier.
Wearing a Bra on Any Occasion is Certainly in Order 0
This summer another celebrity was added to the list of Hollywood actresses who is being criticized for not wearing a bra. She is Gwyneth Paltrow, and it was obvious in her attire that she deliberately left her bra at home when she accepted her Annual Renaissance Award at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago. Even her modest Alexander McQueen cream, high-necked dress did not help her look less daring. Gwyneth’s boobs are not that large, but still people noticed her obvious lack of support. See photos here.
This incident proved once again that not all celebrities are always ready for the camera once they stepped out of the house. Some of them who have been in the news for not wearing a bra are Miley Cirus, Lindsay Lohan, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Rebecca Hall, Sharon Stone, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Kristen Stewart, and so on. I do not think these Hollywood celebrities looked at themselves long in the mirror before going out their doors. It could have saved them embarrassment in cases of wardrobe malfunctions.
Miley Cirus even tweeted that she is doing a healthy thing by going bra less; and mentioned the study made by a French researcher that bras can damage delicate breast tissues (although she has been going around with no bra even before the results of the study came out). It is apparent that Miley did not read the conclusion of the report saying that the results do not apply to all women.
However, the issue of whether to wear or not to wear a bra is more about style and comfort, rather than damaging breast tissues. When you wear either a suit or a t-shirt or any stylish clothes, wearing a bra will give you your best appearance. In some cases, when you wear an ill-fitting or wrong size bra, there is nothing added to your sense of well being overall, just like not wearing a bra at all. You wear a bra to enhance your look under clothes, in whatever occasion you are going. The bra supports what you put on top of them and assures you that you are looking your best (in addition to comfort and support of course).
It is becoming common among the celebrities not to wear a bra when attending social events, even if people who see them are shocked by their styles. It’s not a problem if they go topless on a beach cause the rest of the world is doing the same. But in a formal occasion especially in your honor, and you are showing a nipple bump, or the shape of your actual boobs, it is natural for people to give you a not so pleasing label. You know, this is how people react when they see things they deem not proper.
Some people wear bras 24/7, but if you don’t want to be like those people, there is no problem. After all, breasts do need to relax and rest a bit. Just don’t forget that if you’re going out the door, even if you just need to check the mail box, or buy something from a nearby grocery store, you must have added a supportive and covering bra on.
The Benefits of Teaching Bra Fitting and Breast Health at Schools 0
As young girls grow, they experience some changes in their bodies that they may not completely understand. Most often they turn to their moms and ask a lot of questions such as menstruation, growing breasts, and their need to wear a bra. It has been a tradition that mothers guide their daughters when it is time to buy their very first bras. However, most moms find it difficult to provide daughters with the proper guidance especially bra fitting.
To address this problem and other bra-related issues including wearing the wrong size, breast cancer concerns, and embarrassment at a sensitive age, the Derby High School in England has announced that guidelines on bra fitting and lessons on breast health will be taught to its students. The lessons will target girls from 11 to 14 years old.
To be included in the lessons are breast anatomy, types of bras offering the best support, the variations in measurements and cup sizes among brands, and breast health, etc. These lessons are expected to be incorporated in the Personal Health and Social Education (PSHE) lessons once or twice a year. Teacher Karan Hopkinson will lead the giving of this essential know how to students of the school, and she is currently preparing her materials to teach bra fitting classes. These materials, which include a mannequin, are reportedly to be teen-friendly. After the lessons, the kids are expected to possess skills in measuring themselves, finding their sizes, and selecting bra styles that provide the best support according to their needs.
While bras are used for support and comfort, often they become the source of pain and some health issues. Most women are brought up to believe that a simple cup A, B, C, and D or DD is the only factor involved in cup sizing, which is not true. Women experience their back bands riding up, straps sliding down, and pains on their backs and shoulders. Some women, in their effort to correct these issues, cram themselves into too small cup sizes, or select a band size that is too large. You just can’t correct a wrong with another wrong.
Hopefully the students who will be attending these bra fitting guidelines and breast health classes will be able to avoid the above issues. They will know their actual bra size, allowing them to outfit themselves with bra styles that increase comfort, rather than irritation. The properly fitting bra will not require constant readjustments, nor create unsightly lumps. These students will be like professional fitters in determining the band-to-cup size ratio that they should be wearing.
Of course, there are some people who do not agree to this idea of the Derby High School, saying it is a waste of time, and that the guidance about bra fitting is the responsibility of mothers. However, as mentioned above, not all mothers are equipped with the ability to teach their daughters about the subjects of bras and breasts. So, if you are always on the Internet, you will find many advices to adult women to find a professional fitter at the bra boutiques to find their right size. So, why wait for these girls to turn into adults before they become knowledgeable in bra fitting?