Free shipping on orders of $30 or more and free return on orders of $50 or more . We ship overseas.

Reasons Your Bra Straps Slip


Women with narrow shoulders and shoulders that slope too much are most likely to experience bra strap slippage.  However, these are not the only reasons for such problem.  We maintain that straps falling off women’s shoulders can also be the result of poorly fitting bras. Here are several other reasons why your bra straps keep on slipping, and how to resolve the issue.

Cup size is too big.

This can mean two things:  (1) that you are not properly fitted when you bought the bra, so the cups are not filled enough with breast tissue and do not apply tension on the straps, and (2) as you age, you lose the volume on the top of your breasts, creating an empty space on the cups. If the bra cups are not filled enough to apply tension on the straps, the latter will naturally fall off your shoulders. You need to go one cup size smaller and scoop your breast tissue into the cups to be sure that they are filled properly.

Bra strap fall of | push in push up bra Orlinas

The straps are very loose.

Bra straps can be, and should be adjusted. They need to be tight enough to provide the required 10% support to the breasts’ weight. (The other 90% should come from the bra band). If the straps cannot provide this 10% support, they will tend to fall off. They should, however, not be too tight to prevent the bra band from getting pulled upward.

The bra back is not properly positioned when worn.

This happens when you prepare to go to school or work in the morning, hurrying to get out of the house without even checking if you’ve worn your bra the right way and everything is in its proper place. This is an important factor for comfort during your entire day. After you’ve worn the bra, reach back and pull the bra back down, to make sure that it is placed correctly.

The bra back is expanded.

The straps will be farther apart when your band is too large.  According to a lot of survey, a common mistake women make for bra fitting is wearing a bigger band and smaller cup sizes.  The bigger band size than necessary contributes to straps falling off your shoulders.  Obviously, the cure is that you adjust the size of your bra – go up in size of the band and down in size of the cup.  This will make a good fit and prevent strap slippage. 

The bra style is not right for you.

Every woman’s body is different, so not every style will fit you and the dress that you wear. The square-shouldered women can have even the wide-set straps in bras, while those with narrow and sloping shoulders should consider carefully the placement of straps on the bras that they buy. Knowing your body style and the bra styles that will fit you will help a lot.

The bottom line here is that a properly fitting bra is very important, for your comfort and for prevention of straps slippage. If you haven’t been to a measurement yet, maybe it is time to measure and find the size and style of bra that supports and doesn't fall down your shoulders.

Previous Post Next Post

Comments 0
Leave a comment
Your Name:*
Email Address:*
Message: *

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.

* Required Fields